Important Benefits of Exercise
Adopting a regular exercise routine is vital for healthy living. Exercise has always been an important activity in our home. Dr. Mark and myself, even the kids, have our own personal workouts but we also like to exercise as a family. Whether it’s riding bikes, hiking in the mountains, taking walks, golfing, or swimming, exercise is a great way of bonding as a family too!
Proper exercise increases energy reserves and healing and is recommended at minimum 35 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Here are some helpful tips for exercising:
- Stretch twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening for 10-15 minutes.
- Do resistance exercise three times per week for 90 minutes or more. Open and close each session with appropriate stretching and only use safe equipment.
- Do aerobic exercise 5 times per week for at least 35 minutes. The best types of aerobics are elliptical, brisk walking, swimming and rebounding. Finish with a short stretching routine.
The Power of the Rebounding Exercise
From Hippocrates Institute
Rebounding is an affordable way of boosting your energy, getting your lymph flowing, losing weight, toning muscle, alkalizing your body and getting a great, all over workout – right in your own home. A rebounder is a small trampoline which you can buy at any sports store or online.
The rebounder exercises are simple to follow and are a low-impact, risk-free, pain-free exercise that tones, builds muscle and burns fat, all while alkalizing and energizing your system.
- Provides an increased G-force (gravitational load), which benefits the body by strengthening the musculoskeletal systems.
- Protects the joints from the chronic fatigue and impact delivered by exercising on hard surfaces.
- Helps manage body composition and improves the muscle-to-fat ratio. Rebound exercise benefits you by giving you more control over these.
- Benefits lymphatic circulation by stimulating the millions of one-way valves in the lymphatic system. This benefits the body’s immune capacity for fighting current disease, destroying cancer cells, eliminating antigens and preventing future illness.
- Circulates more oxygen to the tissues. Establishes a better equilibrium between the oxygen required by the tissues and the oxygen made available.
The Power of the Sun
Spend 30 minutes to one hour outdoors every day. Sit or walk in sunlight. Make sure to cover sensitive parts of your body and use SPF (I recommend this Shaklee SPF). The best times to be outdoors are before 9:00AM and 1.5-2 hours before sunset or 10 minutes at midday in the indirect sunlight. Sunlight is the best immune system builder. Do no overexpose yourself to the sun. The burning of the skin creates unhealthy cells. These are some great benefits of the SUN:
- Support normalized blood pressure
- Boost the immune system
- Support healthy lower cholesterol levels
- Increase metabolism
- Support healthy liver and kidney function
- Improve digestion
- Support Vitamin D levels
- Enhance mood and energy levels